1758 - 1822 (63 years)
Has 2 ancestors and more than 100 descendants in this family tree.
||David Standiford  |
|Relationship||with Francis Fox|
||3 Sep 1758 [1, 2]
||30 Aug 2000 |
||Frances Ashby, b. Abt 1760, d. Yes, date unknown |
||Y [1, 2] |
| ||1. Nancy Standiford, b. 4 Oct 1784, Tennessee , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Sally Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||3. William Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Francis A. Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||5. Elizabeth Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. David Standiford, Jr., d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||7. John Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||8. Susannah Standiford, d. Yes, date unknown|
||29 Aug 2000 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- - One of the founders of Shelbyville, KY.
- 1792 - Appointed 1st Sheriff of Shelby Co, KY, the same day the county was created.
- Two terms in Kentucky state Senate, 1793-1800.
- The 1st Senator to represent the district containing only Shelby County.
- 1792 - Appt. a "Gentleman Trustee" to lay off a town at the Shelby Co. Courthouse.
- Appointed by the Kentucky General Assembly to do so.
- 1793 - Trustees laid off 50 acres.
- Ordered purchasers of lots to build log houses w/ stone chimneys.
- 1792 - Asked 1st Court of Shelby Co. for a jail.
- Told to confine prisoners in manner "that seems safest to him".
- [S195] Genealogy & History, Washington, DC Query 13118, (September 1948 ,).
- [S20] Washington Ancestry & Records of McClain, Johnson & Forty Other Colonial American Families, (Chart: The Ancestry of Mourning Adams Garner, pp 54-55, Vol I , , Repository: 3 volume set).